Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Dinner....




Hello loyal readers, (all two of you!) I’m sure you’ve all been missing me! Well forgive my absenteeism, but I have been busy with the end of school. I’ve been sticking to my diet, (see stats below) so I haven’t not being writing out of shame.



So anyway, a funny thing indeed did happen on the way to dinner recently. Whilst on holidays in June, my boyfriend of almost 10 years asked me to marry him! Of course I said yes! I’m so excited about officially recognising our relationship and I can’t wait to throw an awesome party to celebrate with my nearest and dearest...



So every girls dream is coming true for me... except every girls dream is really my ultimate nightmare...



As we’ve been dating for so long, there’s no need to wait, so we’ve booked our wedding for early 2010. I’m getting my dress made for me by a lovely old school friend who works for one of Australia’s top bridal ateliers’ (whom I won’t name is case she’s not allowed to work on the sly!) but I need to have the final material cut in November. Which means I have three months to get to my goal weight of 65kg.




Possible? I guess. Healthy? – NO!


So what to do readers? Should I accept my ‘big boned’ status and embrace being the Australian version of Beth Ditto? Do I accept that I won’t be that ‘princess’ that every girl sees themselves as being on their wedding day? Or do I go hell for leather on the Cabbage Soup Diet and hope to drop another 20kgs in three months?


An unhealthy lifestyle and excessive stress got me to where I am today, so I’m determined to lose weight in a healthy manner. However I don’t want to be unable to look at my wedding photos because I’m too ashamed of my size.


So please leave some comments on what you think I should do. That, and any suggestions you have to help me achieve my goal in such a short period of time. Or the name of any good plastic surgeon who will work for free :)


Until next time,

Maraccas xoxo


Start Weight: 90kgs


Current Weight: 86kg (10kgs to go until I'm back in a healthy weight range)


Height: 175cm


Current BMI: 28.1 ( Only three and one 'points' until I'm back in a healthy weight range)


Goal weight: 65kg
PS. Since my last post I've gone out and bought myself a new pair of jeans - in a size 14!! Yay!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey notsofattymaracasanymore!

    You're doin well there ol pal. I too know your pain. I weighed 107 when I came to Aims'. I'm on 198 at the moment and plateuing but need to get to 90!

    1. It's freakin hard but i've slowed down on eating, but not losing any more! Because if you eat less and exercise more, your body thinks it's starving and goes into preservation mode and tells your metabolism think tank to slow down. It's actually better to eat more kj's but exercise. You will lose weight faster.

    3. As you loose more, you will have a set weight point, genetically determined, where your body is most comfortable. And trying to losse 10kgs below this will further cause your body into preservation mode and lower metabolism, so you need to help your goal weight by the following strategies to increase metabolism.

    4. Good foods for this are protein such as fish and poultry, that actually speed up your metabolism.

    5.There are good fats too! Monounsaturated will also speed up metabolism.

    3. Regular exercise (30 minutes a day x 5)

    4. But also, you must eat less as your body looses weight and only needs to feed less maracas! Tricky, eh?!

    5. Also to stay away from salty foods.
    The salt, as I'm sure you know, holds onto the water, which is why your weight might fluctuate .5 to 1kg.(as well as hormone fluctuations; monthly, up to 2 kilograms of water damning)

    6. Doing nothing can be something. When ur body is saw, relax. The muscles have torn and need some rest time. Much more productive than going and going and going...ect. Or work different muscles and keep going. All this speeds up ur metabolism.

    7. Be realistic. Don't have an unreachable goal. otherwise you will be disapointed. You have your body to look after for the rest of its life. And sudden weight loss = sudden weight gain after a short term time frame is reached.

    8. Want to go play badmington or something?

    ReplyDelete