Thursday, May 7, 2009

The diary of a fatty Maraccas




So here it is – I’m a fatty. Yes, I’ve always said I’m big boned, and in photos I suck my guts in and my friends tell me I’m ‘beautiful’, (which in girl talk translates to 'You're fat but we still love you'), but at the end of the day, after all the gut sucking and Nancy Gantz wearing in the world one truth remains – I’m a fatty fat fat.

It seems all my life I’ve lamented my size and weight problems. From being in primary school and my ‘friend’ telling me I had to play the fat person role in make believe to now where I can’t stand next to my sister in photos because:

1) It's embarrassing for both of us that someone so thin could be related to someone so large and

2)I fill up the frame;

it’s a constant battle that I am yet to win.

Do I blame hormones, genetics, a slow metabolism, stress or society’s expectations for me to be a size 0 for my weight problem? Well, I could, but really I think the most likely cause for my weight problem is none of these things, but rather due to my incredibly bad diet and my amazingly sedimentary lifestyle!

So why am I telling you this? Well I’ve had a Dr. Phil moment in my life where I realised I need to ‘get real’ about my weight loss. As much as I love being curvy, (which I really do), and as much as I love sitting at home on a Saturday watching DVD’s instead of going to the gym, at the end of the day my health is in jeopardy if I continue down this road. So rather than continue to buy clothes from the fat lady store with sizing labels suggesting I’m an 8 just to make myself feel more comfortable with my weight, I’ve decided I should actually do something about it.

And what better way than to open up yourself to criticism from 2 billion of your closest friends! I figure if I open myself up for public criticism, maybe, just maybe, I’ll be shamed in to actually changing my weight and getting fit.

So this is the diary of a fatty and her attempts to lose weight. I hope you will read my posts and either:

a) have a laugh along with me, (not at me thanks!)
b) feel inspired to join me in my quest for beauty
c) understand some of the difficulties faced by overweight people and thus not judge them
d) post me encouragements or
e) fuck off if you’ve got nothing nice to say!

I’m staring down the gun barrel that it my thirtieth birthday and I would like to think I can manage to look hot before then!

Maraccas xox



The stats:

Current Weight: 90kgs


Height: 175cm


Current BMI: 29.4 (This puts me 5 points away from obesity – agh!)


Current Stomach measurements: not sure at the moment because I don’t have a tape measure but will get one and fill this out! And no, its not that I don’t have a tape measure that is long enough to get around my guts!


Goal weight: 65kg




4 comments:

  1. I read recently that every girl should have a blog. Well done You! This is my third day sugar free and I am climbing walls. sugar is so addictive its unreal. Will be wachting/following.... Anuli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me be the first person to comment on your blog.

    You have to be so brave to post all that information about yourself to the world. I’m behind you 100% cause I’m looking down that gun barrel also. A tip from me is, the hardest part is starting, once you start, you can’t stop. It like a drug. But to stay motivated, mix up your gum and exercise routine. Come for a bike ride with me one Saturday morning. :)

    You can do it MC. Good luck and let me know if you need anything ok!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE DANY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a legend of a thing you're doing. Get it all out there, be yourself, be real and you'll soon find out how many of your 2 billion closest friends are ready to support your every success and setback. I guarantee it'll be more than you expect :)

    g'luck xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maraccas you rock! you can do this & I have no doubt that you WILL!

    Remember the small incidental exercises you can include in your day, for example if you have reach for something, make it a lunge or a squat.

    Some days I wear a pedometer just for motivation and to make sure I've moved enough for the day ..then I can decide how far to jog in the evening. Also, someone taught me a really good habit.. make your portion size small. When you have finished eating, have a glass of water and wait 20 mins. If you're still hungry, you can get some more to eat (but you probably won't need to).

    Good luck & if you have a set back, don't stress, just get back into it. xx jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete